Share |

Friday, April 30, 2010

Hot Link Spaghetti


If you know me...and I mean away from reading my blog, you know that I make friendships for life. Most of my friends are family to me. They are the ones to drop by for no special reason. They know there is always extra food and are always welcome for dinner or a cup of coffee. Friendships are special because you choose to be friends unlike family that is handed to you.

One friendship in particular, I have had for almost twenty years. We met by chance, as she was advertising for a roommate and I needed (or rather wanted) to move out of home and be on my own. That first meeting, we knew we would be friends for life! Her picky kitty decided it when she plopped in my lap! Friends forever, we have been! She has been present for every important moment in my life...bad breakups, meeting The Fireman, getting married, having children...she has seen it all! She has seen me at my best and my worst! Truly family!

When we lived together, she ate literally only a handful of items. The pickiest eater I have ever met! We lived off of Hot Link Spaghetti. I had never heard of it before and have never met anyone else that makes it. One warning, you will turn your foodie nose at the ingredients but if you make it once, it will become that last minute meal. My kids LOVE it. I have toned it down for her version was much spicier. If I have whole wheat pasta, I definitely go for it as it is healthier. My kids prefer regular spaghetti as they say it sticks to the sauce better.

Hot Link Spaghetti

1 pack of Hot Links (beef is preferred)
2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Parmesan cheese
Cooked Spaghetti

Slice and dice the Hot Links. I like to cook them in the sauce pan and drain off some of the fat.

Back in the day, we just added the diced Hot Links to the sauce and warmed up. Now I need to justify every fatty calorie. Add the jarred sauce to the sauce pan. Add the cayenne pepper and a handful of Parmesan cheese.


Taste...does it need more spice? I like mine spicy but my brats dont! Tonight's is pretty spicy.
Spoon over cooked spaghetti and top with more Parmesan cheese. My brats like it extra saucy (is that even a word?) so they can dip their breadsticks in it.


Dare you to try it!




Friday Follow

8 comments:

TheCraftBarn said...

Hi! Stopping by from Friday Follow! You're recipes look yummy!
Jennifer @ The Craft Barn
http://www.thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/
P.S. - We've having a giveaway on our blog for our newest recipe e-book!

Unknown said...

Stopping in from Friday Follow! Going to follow you now--this looks like something my husband would cook!! I do all the cooking (unless I'm sick or something) usually...but I do think this is something he'd like! Following you now!!


Hope to see you at Hands, House, and Heart Full

Unknown said...

Happy Friday Follow!
Looks very good!
I am your newest follower and would love if you follow me back!
I also have a French Obsession Party and Give away tomorrow!!
XOXO
Frenchy

Cari said...

Love your blog! I'm so excited to get some new recipes :) Happy FF, I'm your newest follower as well. Please visit me @ www.carissa8402.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

FOOD. Okay, this blog is now in favourites.

Hi, there, visiting from Friday Follow. I am brand new to this and also have a brand new blog at http://thriftycanucks.blogspot.com/
I am now your newest follower and look forward to your updates. Would love if you could drop by my blog.

Peggy said...

Loved the story that ends with the recipe! You are very creative:)

sweepstakesjeanie@yahoo.com said...

Following you on Friday Follow;-)

Thanks
Jeanette Huston
http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/

Melody Champion said...

Oh my gosh--reading this today brought back the sweetest memories of the two of us eating this hot link spaghetti while sitting on the kitchen counter! Don't know why we always did that since we had a dining room table but hey, we were young and somehow it brought out the best conversations! You're right about cooking the hot links first-much tastier-and yes, not draining the pan adds to the flavor of the sauce. My husband LOVES this! PS. Just know that our shamrock girl here is a wonderful person, whom I am proud to call my best friend and my children are honored to call her "Auntie".

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs