Share |

Monday, April 12, 2010

Firehouse Taters



Some recipes are named for obvious reasons. An ingredient or a flavor. Others are named for a style of cooking. This one holds none of the stated reasons. In fact, the name implies that they are at least cooked at the firehouse. Not so! These were born out of being bored of my usual roasted potatoes. I needed to spice those babies up. And so I did! I never imagined that The Fireman would LOVE them! Love them so much that with each bite he proclaimed "Aww Red you gotta make these for the station!" (He calls me Red) And so with each time I made them, he called them Firehouse Taters! A hint of spice that makes you want more. Smokey and spicy! Sorta like The Fireman!

Firehouse Roasted Potatoes
5 large red potatoes cubes
Olive oil for drizzling
1 tsp garlic powder
1tsp salt
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Preheat the oven 400 degrees. Clean, dry, and cube the potatoes.

Drizzle olive oil to coat the potatoes. Don't be skimpy but don't overdo it. They should be covered but not puddled.
In a small bowl combine all the spices and mix well. Sprinkle over potatoes. Mix well.

Bake for 30-35 or until brown. Flip half way.

Now I regret not making more. Every time I make them, I think I should make a double batch but I am trying to limit my starches but it is SO hard to not pick at these babies! They are addictive!


Do you have a favorite spice to use on roasted potatoes?

Don't forget to enter to Country Bob's Sauce Giveaway!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmmm... These sound good! Thanks for sharing!

Meg @ A Dash of Nutmeg said...

That reminds me! I forgot to pick up some cumin last night when I was at the store! And now I have a recipe with it. I will have to try these for my fire guy. I'm sure he'll love them.

I like to use Over the Edge Herbed Spinach (from Two Sisters Gourmet) on roasted potatoes.

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy said...

My family loves potatoes roasted this way. I have never used these seasonings, though. I think instead of baked potatoes for supper tonight, I'll try these. Thanks for the idea!

Aimee Larsen said...

How yummy! I'm so glad I stopped by, this really cheered me up. Visiting from SITS. Have a happy Tuesday and come by sometime and visit me.

Aimee
http://myhomespunthreads.blogspot.com/

Mother Rimmy said...

I love potatoes. These look delicious!

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy said...

I made these last night, and everyone loved them. Thanks for the recipe!

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

Linda so glad you liked them!! :)

Kat Gignac said...

Kat here from Mommy Kat and Kids! These look amazing, I can't wait to try them! I don't think I've ever cooked with smoked paprika before; I'll have to hit the spice aisle first...

All the recipes look so great, I had to become your newest follower! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs