Share |

Monday, April 5, 2010

Apricot Glazed Ham



Ham was always cooked for Easter in my family. It has been a tradition that I have carried on with my own family. There have been many years that The Fireman was on duty and I have still just tossed a ham in the oven. We would pick at it all afternoon, make sandwiches or even fry up an egg with it. Fire families are very versatile! I have made the ham totally plain to completely dressed up. It's uber simple.

The leftovers are limitless. My Gram would freeze the bone and save it for soup.

This year The Fireman is home for Easter so I get to play with the menu a bit. I love a glazed ham!
Ingredients


1 (14 to 16-pound) fully cooked, spiral-cut smoked ham on the bone
4 garlic cloves
9 oz jar Saucy Susan or Apricot jam
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 orange, zested
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the ham in a roasting pan.

Mince the garlic. Add the Saucy Susan mustard, brown sugar, orange zest, and orange juice and mix well.



Pour the glaze over the ham and bake for 30 minutes and then reapply glaze.


Bake another 30 minutes or until the ham is fully heated and the glaze is browned.

See those dark pieces? My family will fight over them! But I have the carving knife hehehe!!!



What's your favorite way to prepare ham?

7 comments:

~Cheryl~ said...

I LOVE that you use pictures with your recipes!!! I am such a visual person and this encourages me to try them out. GREAT BLOG! :-)

Meg @ A Dash of Nutmeg said...

Mmm this looks super yummy! I cooked salmon this year instead of ham. My firefighter had a bad experience a few years back when he responded to a barn fire at a pig farm so he won't eat ham, though I can't say that I blame him. (I'll spare you the gory details.)

Leslie said...

That looks... deeeeelicious!

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy! I am following you back from Friday Follow!

Meg @ A Dash of Nutmeg said...

I just gave you an award! You can pick it up over at my blog: http://www.dashofnutmeg.com/2010/04/my-first-blog-award.html

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

THANK YOU!!!! yes I am yelling! I am so excited! Me!!! This is my first award! Thank you Meg!

sweetllife said...

great recipe...looks so tasty..comgrats on the award...

sweetlife

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs