Share |

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cheap Cookie Cutters with my Butter Cookies


I love getting STUFF in the mail! Except for bills. Those I don't like so much. What came today was not a bill but a cute little cookie cutter from Cheap Cookie Cutters. It made me miss having little rugrats running around to bake for. Not that my brats don't like when I bake! But they are older and the appeal isn't the same as a squealing four year old!

Back to this cookie cutter. The cookie cutter is the perfect size, not too big that you have to yell at the kids to only have one cookie but not so small that I couldn't handle it.

If you go to the website http://www.cheapcookiecutters.com/ you can find just about anything. I couldn't believe the choices. The cookie cutter that was sent to me was the Mickey Mouse. Very cheap and made durable. Check it out http://www.cheapcookiecutters.com/products/mini-mouse-ears-cookie-cutter They also have food coloring! His website has the perfect black food coloring for decorating these cookies. http://www.blackfoodcoloring.com/

Thanks Chris for sending me this!

Butter Cookies
1 cup softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

Preheat oven 375

Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg.
In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt. add to the butter mixture one cup at a time. DO NOT OVER MIX!


Turn out onto plastic wrap and make into a log. It may be a little crumbly. Don't pay any attention to it.

Wrap up tightly, twisting ends in opposite directions and refrigerate for an hour.


Cut the dough log into half and roll out between two sheets of plastic wrap. This ensures a tender cookie. Work fast.

Cut the cookies with the Cheap Cookie Cutter

Roll up all the scrap and return the log back to the frig while you do the other half.
bake for 6-8 minutes

Decorate as desired. I personally dipped into cinnamon sugar before baking. But icing would be nice too!

5 comments:

Little Bishops said...

Sadly, there are no giraffe cookie cutters. :-( Cool site though!

Paula said...

My post is up for the BC Bloggers' Party Warning: it's about me, me, and me. Read at your own risk!hihi

Now it's your turn. We'll be waiting for your post! :)

Paula

sweetlife said...

whata cute cookie cutter...true four yrs old squeal for anything I have one and she would flip for this..love the pic of all the cutout dough

sweetlife

Miller Moments said...

super cute! now you know, if you ever miss having little rugrats to bake for you are welcome to bake cookies and send them to seattle. i have two little rugrats and their mommy that would be happy to eat your creations. :) :) :)

Cheap Cookie Cutters said...

Thanks for sharing our site and cookie cutters with your readers! Your cookies turned out great! Our favorites are the Minnie and Micky Mouse cookie cutters as well as all of our doggy choices. Also, we love to make our shoppers happy so if you want a cookie cutter that we don't show on the site we can have it made for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs