Share |

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Homemade Chicken Fingers Salad


My brats LOVE chicken fingers. If we go out to eat they always order chicken fingers. Drives me crazy! Go out for steak...they order chicken fingers. Why bother taking them? Hmmm, now there's a thought!

I love Chicken Fingers too but I'm getting a little soft and don't need all that deep fried goodness. I've tried them whole wheat, all healthy, and cardboard-licious but tonight's is a balance of healthy meets fattening. Baking them makes my conscience feel better and putting over a salad makes me feel I am attempting to wrong my spare tire. Wiring my mouth shut would be another option! So would a pack of dogs chasing me...all another blog entirely! Don't get me wrong, these are best fried in a little canola oil on the stove but I am baking them tonight.


Homemade Chicken Fingers Salad
Printer Friendly Version
Jumbo pack chicken tenders or 24 for a family of four (16 for the brats and me tonight)
Flour 1/2 cup seasoned with salt and pepper
1 egg beaten w one TB water
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (mine are plain so I had to season mine up)

Line your cookie sheer with foil. I ALWAYS forget. A reader reminded me. I will continue to forget. It's because The Tortured Teenager does the dishes and I like to see her suffer.

Oil the foil lined cookie sheet.

Dredge chicken in flour first, then egg

Hey..don't make fun of my junky trays! I saved these just for the occasion!
and then the bread crumbs.

Lay in the very oiled foil lined cookie sheet.

Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, flipping half way after 10 minutes.
Serve as an after school treat (The Ballplayer's favorite before a game!) or

serve over Mixed Greens with your favorite dressing.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok. Yum!!!

Pam said...

Oh, they look great! At least it's a little cheaper when you them the kids out to eat! ;)

Jenny said...

I've been wanting to make a version of these for my little tyke for a while now---thanks for the recipe!

tortured teenager said...

i love chicken fingers mom thank you very much.

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

Ahh The Tortured Teenager speaks!! Lol

Lazaro Cooks said...

Who doesn't love chicken fingers? I would love some. Job well done. Cheers!

Nancy said...

I love chicken fingers too! But the fact that they're fried keeps me away from them, I like to bake them too. Love your salad idea :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs