Share |

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Philly Cheese Steak


I am so easy to please! Hey there! I know what you are thinking! This is a food blog! Now back to the kitchen! I can be pleased with the most simple dishes. I even like leftovers. I can barely get my brats to touch them. I see leftovers as a chance to make a new dish. Tonight's dinner is just that. I had quite the leftovers from last night's Chili Rubbed Tri-Tip. A whole quart bag full. But most would think it isn't enough for another dinner, so what to do with it? I am OK with sandwiches for dinner. Fortunately The Fireman is too. Especially when there is meat involved.

Forgive me for not including a play by play or recipe for this one is just that easy!

I took one cheap grocery store French bread, toasted it up, smeared Dijon Mustard on the toasted bread, then put enough cheese on it to give The Fireman high cholesterol and then took one red bell pepper and one onion and sauteed it up, added it to last nights leftover meat and yelled DINNER!


What do you do with leftovers?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks fabulous, i love when something is even better the next day! stop by and share a bloody mary with me today, anne

www.anniebakes.net

supermomplace said...

aww watery mouth philly cheese steaks.
I want one right now! following you from Linkreferal
blog you soon!

Mz E said...

Mmmmm! That looks SO good! :0p...

Leslie said...

Believe it or not... I've NEVER had a Philly Cheese Steak. I think I might have to change that!

Joe said...

Looks great! Reminds me of my college days living in Philadelphia...the home turf of the true Philly cheesecake. I have to say though, your cheese-steak looks like it would give any one of the Philly joints a run for its money. Well done.

Chef Dennis Littley said...

Now that is a Mighty good looking cheese steak!!!
Cheers
Dennis

Kim said...

*drooling* That looks DELISH!

Unknown said...

If you really want to know, we don't do left overs ... my DARLING husband was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and literally refuses to eat them- I know- welcome to my world!! BUT, I do make a lot of meals like x4-5 and freeze them for the dear ;-) That he does ... the other days the private chef comes to the house- JK, we have no chef ... but my husband does cook! Glad you came by my place! Are you Irish?

Mama Pea said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Even though I'm a veggie, that sandwich looks delicious!

Unknown said...

If only I hadn't stopped eating meat 12 years ago...but I am enjoying reading all your recipes & blog posts.

Stop by http://lumpsonablog.blogspot.com to pick up an award that's waiting for you!

Miller Moments said...

Your recipes get better and better! Do you make many salads? I'm looking for some good salad recipes.

Lazaro Cooks said...

Saw your profile on another page. Glad I found your wonderful blog. Look forward to following you here. Cheers!

Tiffanee said...

Wow! That looks so delicious!! I am drooling all over the keyboard. That is my son's favorite food. You are so GOOD!!

Biren said...

Leftovers are sometimes better the next day. That sandwich looks good!

Rick said...

Looks better than the ones in Philly.

Pam said...

It looks perfect to me and a great way to use those leftovers. Thanks for the idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs