Share |

Monday, April 19, 2010

Smashed Potatoes



The Tortured Teenager loved mashed potatoes maybe more than I do. I know! I'm Irish and I hold potatoes up there next to the Virgin Mary but I think The Tortured Teenager may have me beat. She has asked me every day for two weeks straight to make them. I resist at all costs. Have you seen what I put in my potatoes? They are not for the weak of heart. No really! If you have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, know a cardiologist or watch your weight...you may want to skip to my Balsamic Glazed Salmon recipe and bypass (no pun intended) this entirely!

Smashed Potatoes


8 potatoes peeled and cubed


Boil in salted water and drain once fork tender.
Add 1/2 cup smart balance butter (hey I'm trying to be good)
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
I cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (do not use the stuff in the container with the green screw top)
Salt and pepper to taste

Mash or smash it all together!

Fight the brats to the table!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for following! I'm following you back! I'll definitely be adding some of your meals to my menu next week! Thanks again for registering for my giveaways!

Jennifer
www.lebedafamily.blogspot.com

Scarlet of Moms Wear Your Tees said...

Yummy! I am following your blog!

sweetlife said...

wow yum....my kids would love these..

sweetlife

JennyMac said...

YUM! And I love dill in potatoes. Have you tried Gouda cheese too? Also yum.

Anonymous said...

seriously, what's better than mashed potatoes?!? anne

www.anniebakes.net

krissy @ thefoodaddicts.com said...

instead of mashed, it's smashed! that sounds a lot more fun to me, haha. your potatoes look so silky and smooth. why wait til thanksgiving?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs