Share |

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Taco Tuesday! Crockpot Pork Tacos


Another Tuesday without a baseball game. What am I to do? After a month of having games every Tuesday, I am just lost! Not a problem to my kids. They just cruise. The smell of this roast was killing them all afternoon. "When's dinner?", "I'm hungry!", "How much longer?" Oh the complaints! Totally worth the wait!

The beauty of cooking in the crock pot is it does all the work! Toss that baby in the crockpot in the morning and it's ready for dinner. This roast is HUGE! I can definitely get two dinners out of it and lunch! With the leftovers, I will be able to make Pulled Pork Sandwiches.

Crockpot Pork Tacos
Printer Friendly Version

In a small bowl, combine 1 TB Smoked Paprika

Yes I am using my palms as measuring spoons but have you really seen the size of my hands? Most kindergartens have bigger hands!
1TB garlic powder

1 TB Kosher Salt

1/4- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper

Come on! It won't be spicy! Unless you want it spicy, then add more!
1/2 TB Cumin

Mix well
Now the fun part! Sprinkle spice mixture all over the roast. Make sure you get the counters too!

Toss that baby in the Crockpot.
Don't laugh at my Crockpot! I use her ALOT!
Don't add water! Promise you, the roast has enough fat that it wont be dry!

Cook on low all day or if you are late getting it in the Crockpot like I usually am, cook on high for four to five hours.

Take two forks and shred the meat. The meat just falls apart!

Spoon into your favorite tortillas or fry up shells (Tortured Teenagers favorite!) Add some Homemade salsa, shredded Cheese and some sour cream!
All this baby needs a Cervesa! Hey! Beer and Mexican food go hand in hand!

Are you a Crockpot chef?


If you don't have one, here is a link to buy one! Every mom needs one!

14 comments:

Catherine said...

These tacos look delicious! The pork looks fantastic!
Have a wonderful day dear.

Hannah Gold said...

I never thught to make tacos that way! We do not eat prok, but will try with beef. I am making ground turkey tacos tonight!

The Duo Dishes said...

Wish someone would send a crockpot this way. Slow cooking is the one thing that'd be fun to try. Love that you fried those shells. :)

Tiffanee said...

Those look delicious!! I love tacos. I am liking your printer button better than mine.

Lazaro Cooks said...

This must be taco tuesday. My cousin posted vegan tacos on our blog. These look fabulous. I am the carnivor of the blog so I would gladly dig in here. Wonderful job. Cheers!

Kristi@Ja Cie Kocham said...

I use my palm to measure spices, too. Ha. I love how simple the pork is. I have never thought to make pork tacos. Sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful we LOVE Mexican! Would love for you to share one your yummy recipes in my Whatcha Cooking Wednesday Recipe link-up!!
http://www.mamabirdnest.com/2010/04/whatcha-got-cooking-wednesday-greek.html

Unknown said...

I love Tex-Mex. I love my crock-pot. Thanks for this recipe. YUM!

Anonymous said...

YES Tacos!! Your recipes are always wonderful. Keep cooking & sharing your making my life so much easier. Happy Tag Tuesday!

Tagging you back!

LeAnn said...

The tacos look amazing!! I am going to have to try the recipe! Thanks for stopping by The Squeaky Grocery Cart.

Tagging Back!

Kmama said...

I'm finally getting around to those people that commented on my posts last week. Thank you for commenting on my favorite foods post and for following!!

The tacos look amazing...especially those shells!! YUMMM!!

I sometimes use my crockpot. I should use it more. I love my crockpot baked chicken enchilada recipe (it's on my blog if search for recipes). YUM!

Gigi said...

I love making pulled pork in my crockpot - I do it all the time! Usually I do it plain, but may try this next time for tacos!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up! I am putting this on my list to make! YUM

sweetlife said...

Holy mamama, how did I miss these ...girl they look super yummy...love the crockpot, I use my all the wime, especially during the week, I made pork but I wrapped mine in a banana leaf, oh my heavens...

sweetlife

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs