Share |

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs



Spring break is a little teaser for summer. Or it should be if you haven't been inflicted with the Spring Break Curse! You know the curse! Where it's sunny and warm the week BEFORE or AFTER spring break but icky while you are off!! We live in a part of the West Coast that has perfect weather ten out of twelve months a year so I have no right to complain about the Spring Break Curse. I am not in the snow where I was born and lived my early childhood. Thank you!

So even though it's a little icky out, our family is pretending it's sunny and warm. What child doesn't like bbq'd hotdogs? Add bacon and now you've got men lining up too! Let's be honest, you could wrap a shoe in bacon and BBQ it and the men in my house would get excited!!

Bacon Hotdogs are simple!

All you need is bacon (thin sliced is best but all I have is thick) and hotdogs. My house is a bit snobbish over hotdogs. For years they would only eat Hebrew National. But after being introduced to Nathan's Hotdogs, my family has been converted!!

Since my bacon is thick sliced, it will need to be stretched out. Sometimes hotdogs are slimy. You will need to take a paper towel to it. The bacon will stick better if your dog is dry.

You could put a toothpick in both ends but I don't know the last time I've had toothpicks in the house.

If your Grillmaster likes a extra hot fire, you might want to soak the toothpicks in water overnight so they don't catch on fire. Not an issue since I haven't any!!!

Now there is a debate over crispy buns or steamed. I like mine toasted. But The Ballplayer likes his steamed. He says the bacon is crunchy and shouldn't have a crunchy bun to compete with. Hmmm ok whatever. I'm grilling them up.

Mmmm Dinner!!!

Wait...it needs something...maybe some potato salad?


So what do you like on you hotdog?

9 comments:

Miller Moments said...

My husband would think he died and went to heaven if I made these!

Anonymous said...

Looks glorious... although living in the Middle East means buying that much bacon would result in me having to remortgage my house!!

bridget said...

Yummy but too fattening! :)

The Redhead Riter said...

I like a little hot mustard and jalapenos. Are you bringing it to me for my lunch tomorrow? LOL

Truthful Mommy said...

Following back from Friday Follow!
Debi
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com

Fooditka said...

We tried to make these with turkey meat instead of hot dogs and it came out just OK. I think that our bacon wasn't thick enough.

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Thanks for the Friday Follow! I came back to return the favor... :) Happy Monday!

Mariko said...

Genius! My two favorites rolled into one!

Anonymous said...

We made these when I was growing up but put a slice of cheese inside a slit in the hotdog then wrapped in bacon. I'm going to have to revisit this experience.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs