Share |

Friday, April 16, 2010

Rocking Corn!


Whenever I make chicken my kids demand.....yes I said demand....that I make corn. My kids can eat corn 365 days a year. Don't get me wrong. They are not picky vegetable eaters. But corn is extra special. I could just open a bag of frozen corn and steam it up but I can only take so much boredom! This is my favorite way to cook corn hands down! Both my brats eat it all and complain that I should have made twice as much! I could just have a bowl of it for dinner but I made Chicken and Smashed Potatoes so I guess I will have to eat some of that too!

Rocking Corn!

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt

Mix all the spices in a small ramekin

Melt 2 TB butter in a sauté pan on high heat. Yes Butter! But its only 2 TB and your whole family is eating it (actually I say keep it all for yourself and give the kids some thing else)

Add 12 oz frozen corn. Sprinkle spice mix over corn. Sauté till golden brown.



Faint. No really.

10 comments:

Babette said...

thanks for stopping by and commenting on my simple grilled green onions photo.

And this corn? My family would devour it, I am sure...I think I'd get it even browner bec. I love that stickiness that the corn becomes..

Yum.

Fab Find Foodie said...

OK, this is lookin' GOOD!! Definitely making this tomorrow! :)

Unknown said...

my hubs loves corn, so we will have to try this one. i've been going with lame-o canned corn heated up. this looks much better. i'm following you now.

Anonymous said...

Visiting and following from Friday Follow. Thanks for joining in. Happy weekend!

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

p.s. I love corn. This looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

saw you on my blogfrog and this recipes looks awesome! We eat just about corn only for vegetables-picky eaters so I am always trying to get new ways of making it! Happy sits satruday sharefest! anne

www.anniebakes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah and I'm following you now, too!

Fab Find Foodie said...

I made this corn for dinner tonite and YUM-MY!!!! Honestly, frozen corn never tasted so good!! Thanks for sharing!! It's definitely my new fav!!

Anonymous said...

I read your recipes before going to the grocery tonite and got corn and chicken. I'm marinating the chicken and already made one packet of the corn with your ingredients! Excellent-delicious!

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

I am so happy you liked it as much as my family!! Thank you for all you kind words!!! It means the world to me!!!

Fab Find Foodie said...

Thank YOU for sharing your yummy recipes! You are the only blog I find myself wanting to visit every single day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs