Share |

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Taco Tuesday! Chili Rubbed Tri Tip


This is the first Tuesday in a month that The Ballplayer hasn't had a game. I'm lost! No preparing meals before hand. No crazy run around after school before the game. I'm so accustomed to it that I instinctively took a Tri-Tip out for Taco Tuesday.

What's a Tri-Tip? Well I'm glad you asked. I had never heard of it before moving to the Central Coast of California. And here it is legendary. Google it! And you will see! This cut of beef is normally a triangle shape and bottom sirloin, primal cut. Mostly known for bbqing over oak with Susie Q seasoning. So why am I not making it that way? Because I'm a rebel!!!! I'm looking for spicy taco meat.

When you ask your butcher for a Tri-Tip, make sure it's not too trimmed up. You need some fat. It keeps the meat moist.

In a bowl mix 1tsp cayenne pepper and 1 TB brown sugar 1 tsp kosher salt 1/2 tsp pepper.

Sprinkle all over the Tri-tip. Notice I got the counters too! Rub the Tri-Tip all over.

Place in the Roaster and cook 300 for 20 minutes per pound.



Shred the Tri-Tip with two forks or slice against the grain.

Serve in warm corn tortilla (The Ballplayer prefers flours) with my homemade salsa. Shredded cheese, onions, guacamole and sour cream would make it perfect! But use what you have on hand!

What do you like on your taco?



6 comments:

Family-Friendly Product Reviews said...

Congratulations! I just awarded you the "Honest Scrap" award. Stop by if you get a chance and check it out! Have a great day!

http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

Candi said...

Yum! I love to add guacamole, salsa, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes on my tacos. The hubs eats his with just the meat and the cheese...oh well :)

Catherine said...

Wow these tacos looks so yummy! I love hot peppers, pork, onions, tomatoes and cheese on my tacos. Now I'm hungry!
Cheers~

sweetlife said...

great tacos..i love guac,cilantro,crema and queso fresco

sweetlife

Doña Masita said...

Hello! I just discovered your blog and I'm loving it!

I love tacos with many things! Tacos de Cabrito and shrimp tacos with peanut sauce are amazing.

I will keep reading you!

Doña Masita
www.donamasita.com

Alison said...

We do taco tuesday two! Great recipes. Found you on Friday Follow, you can follow back at www.alison-rolland.com
PS there's a yummy breakfast recipe under "our favorite things"!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs