Share |

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Baked French Toast


My brats LOVE breakfast for dinner but I don't do it very often. I'm not sure why. Baked French Toast is very easy to make. You begin it either the night before (if you are serving it for breakfast) or eight hours before dinner. There are many different ways to make this. The options are endless. My only warning is make enough..I have made it and fallen short of having enough!

Baked French Toast


Topping
1 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
6 TB butter
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 TB light Corn Syrup

French Toast
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
8 thick slice French Bread (raisin bread would be great here too!)

Spray 13x9 inch glass baking dish with Pam. (A cooking sheet would work great here too!)

In a sauce pan combine all topping ingredients and heat until smooth. DO NOT BOIL!


Spread the topping in the pan or cookie sheet. Here you could add nuts. I love it with Pecans but The Tortured Teenager is a nut hater!

Mix the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt together.

Dip the bread into it (as you do for regular French toast)

Place over the mixture in the pan.

Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
I snuck some blueberries in between the bread. They would have been great in the caramel topping too!
Bake 400 degrees 25 minutes till bubbly and golden brown. Let stand a couple of minutes before serving.

You will not need syrup for this (or my brats dont!)

3 comments:

Miller Moments said...

mmmm, yum!

Pam said...

This looks and sounds delicious! Perfect for breakfast tomorrow morning! Thanks!

Monet said...

This looks heavenly. I make french toast quite often, but I haven't tried baking it yet. I can't wait to give this a try. It would be perfect for my mother's day brunch

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs