Share |

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Comfort Pesto Pasta


Everyone has that meal you make when you need comfort. I generally gravitate towards a potato when I need comfort but in the last couple years there is one pasta dish that I crave. Unfortunately my family is not that big of a fan. Years back I would make this dish simplified and it was a family favorite but then I started messing with it and making to my preference. I found a dish I loved but the family didn't share my enthusiasm. Now I make it when we have "Get your own night" or when the kids are not around.

I tend to like bold flavors. The Kalamata olives and the pine nuts are the one item in the dish that I dig around for in this dish. Chop up some sun dried tomatoes and I'm a happy camper!

This dish is meatless but you could easily add chicken or shrimp to it. Best garnished with fresh Parmesan Cheese, which of course I am out! We go through a triangle of Parmesan each grocery shopping. It gets used on vegetables, in potatoes and in of course, pasta!

Sometimes, in the summer I swap out the pasta for vegetables or you could even add some broccoli to it. Delish!

Comfort Pesto Pasta
Printer Friendly Version

1/2 cup of your favorite Pesto (Costco has a great one!)
1/2 cup toasted Pine Nuts
1/2 cup chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes
1/2 cup Kalamata Olives Chopped
1/2 box of your favorite pasta cooked

Toast the pine nuts in a clean, dry pan over medium heat. Keep a watchful eye on them for they will burn!



Boil pasta to the box directions. You will notice that I am using whole wheat pasta in the dish. Since the kids wont touch it, I might as well do it my way!


Drain and return to the pot. Add remaining ingredients, add a glass of your favorite wine and forget all your troubles!



Don't forget to enter my Freschetta Pizza Giveaway!!

Friday Follow

1 comments:

Mother Rimmy said...

Love the blog! This pasta looks like the perfect dish after a long day. Quick to pull together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs