Share |

Sunday, May 23, 2010

PW Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies



Sometimes The Fireman and I sneak out for appetizers and a drink. The kids are not invited. We have used the most ridiculous excuses. "Need to check the oil on my car," "have to drive by the rental and check the chimney," "just going to Wal-mart for foot spray!" Yep all bogus excuses. God help me if the brats decide to read up on my blog!!

A favorite appetizer is anything spicy! Buffalo wings, Spicy Artichoke Dip or Jalapeno Poppers are all favorites. I recently tried a new Jalapeno Popper recipe. Pioneer Woman raved about them on The View. Her version is good! And you know that I have changed it. I will show you my updated version on another post. These are amazing and have to be shared with the world. It was so good that my trial run almost resulted in us missing The Ballplayers game! No joke! The decision was made to put off eating them until after the game when we could properly toast them...with beer of course! I even shamelessly told The Ballplayer that he couldn't eat them because he didn't have enough hair on his chest. Thankfully he didn't have any quick comments asking about hair on my chest (none-thank you very much)

PW Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies
20 whole Fresh Jalapenos, 2-3 Inches In Size
1 large cube Cream Cheese, softened
1 pound Thin(regular) Bacon
Tooth picks
Cookie sheet lined with foil and then covered with a cookie drying rack.


If I am making salsa I can handle the jalapenos but for this, gloves are a must!!

Lob off the stem end of the jalapenos and then slice lengthwise. I like to do them all at once.


Then I take a spoon and scrape all the seeds and veins out. It's a must.
Take the same spoon and fill the now hollowed jalapenos with cream cheese.
Wrap with bacon.

A fix with a toothpick or two
Place cheese side up on the rack on the cookie sheet
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the bacon is crispy on all sides (check underneath) This is where you pretend I've shown you a picture perfect picture. I'd like to show you a picture of them finished but dang it, we got side tracked and forgot to snap a picture of them. Oops!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I'm with you all the way on spicy! They look delicious and about anything with bacon works for me! I will just have to try this! Great post!

Unknown said...

A, These look good. Here is my variation to try. Leave the peppers whole, but make a slit down the side and use a paring knife to remove the seeds & heart (which is where all the heat is). Get a can of pineapple chunks or crushed in juice. Drained & reserve the juice. Place a TBS of cream cheese and enough pineapple to fill the peppers, wrap with bacon and cook on a hot grill (before your tri-tip). Now place your pineapple juice in a small saucepan with a stick of butter (a dash or two of soy sauce if you like it) and heat to blend together. Baste pepper while on the grill and just before you serve. Enjoy.

Mark Nunez

Unknown said...

A, These look good. Here is my variation to try. Leave the peppers whole, but make a slit down the side and use a paring knife to remove the seeds & heart (which is where all the heat is). Get a can of pineapple chunks or crushed in juice. Drained & reserve the juice. Place a TBS of cream cheese and enough pineapple to fill the peppers, wrap with bacon and cook on a hot grill (before your tri-tip). Now place your pineapple juice in a small saucepan with a stick of butter (a dash or two of soy sauce if you like it) and heat to blend together. Baste pepper while on the grill and just before you serve. Enjoy.

Mark Nunez

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs