Share |

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spicy Corn on the Cob




This can be done either on the BBQ or under the broiler. I do it under the broiler quite a bit. It's a way to get a charcoal flavor quickly. My brats love it. I never make enough. And if there are leftovers they are eaten cold. I've tried corn on the cob with every spice possible but this is my family's favorite! Sometimes I will use just salt and pepper but my brats always ask why I didn't use our special seasoning. The seasoning is easy to make. Make up a double or triple batch and keep in a small container. You'll be surprised how much you will use it after that first time! I love it on roasted potatoes! It's amazing on corn.

Spicy Corn on the Cob
Corn on the cob
Fireman's seasoning
Olive oil

Drizzle a little olive oil on the corn. With one hand, rub the oil all over the corn.
Sprinkle the seasoning all over the corn (that's why you leave one hand clean)

Broil the corn till golden. My family always rushes me through this. Once they smell it they become impatient.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds really good. I just may have to do this for the Memorial Day BBQ we're having this weekend.

Arnold said...

Now this is my type of food. I often eat corn on the cob but so far it has always just been boring old salt for me. I am definitely going to give your Fireman's seasoning a try. Thanks for this.

Meg @ A Dash of Nutmeg said...

I never thought of doing corn on the cob under the broiler!

Pam said...

It looks great! What is the seasoning you use? I've looked all over for it and missed it somewhere, I guess. It sounds great for this weekend!

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

If you click on Firemans Seasoning it takes you to how to make it. I also sent you an email with the details.

Momrempel said...

Yummy!

I am a new follower from Fun Friday Follow! Great blog! I will be back:)

Please come by and follow back too!

http://therempels4.blogspot.com

Kimberly Walker said...

Great blog! I am now following and also added your button to mine... would love if you did the same!
Keep up the great work, and I look forward to reading more!

All the best,
Kim

http://amoroccan-acat-and-my-bigass.blogspot.com/

extreme personal measures said...

Following from Simply Stacie’s Fun Friday Follow!

chloessandbox.etsy.com said...

Following from Fun Follow Friday!

MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

I'm a new follower
http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to checking out your blog more as soon as I finish the blog hop

I never seem to make corn on the cob right I guess it is just a special gift :)

Carrie said...

Really looks awesome! Great BBQ or picnic idea! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Alright, so I lied when I said I'd try these over Memorial Day, but we did have them last weekend with in season corn. Delicious!

Anonymous said...

Hi friend How are You ? I like your post and i want to stumble it for my friend but i cant see your social bookmark widget in this blog. Please help me admin Thank You Steven

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs