Share |

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spring Roasted Cauliflower


I am one of the rare people that can eat cauliflower every day and never get bored. The only way I just haven't enjoyed is when you make it into mock potatoes. I just love potatoes too much to settle for an impostor. But if you prepare cauliflower to be cauliflower, then I am all over it. My all time favorite is Cauliflower Gratin. What an amazing winter dish! It is 67 degrees and not even 10 in the morning so I dont think I can get away with a winter vegetable dish. Roasting cauliflower is extremely dummy proof (I like dummy proof recipes as I have blond roots every once in a while.) You can make it as simple as drizzling olive oil on it and baking or you can dress it up. My lemon tree has decided to produce this week (it's confused at times) and these lemons are just screaming to be used in everything.

Spring Roasted Cauliflower

1 head of cauliflower chopped up into chunks
1 lemon zested
juice of 1 lemon (same lemon you zested)
3 cloves of garlic sliced
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (don't even think about the stuff in the can)
olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Look at this baby! Local grown!

Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a cookie sheet
Slice up garlic. Not too thin. Next time I am going to double the garlic. My family was picking at it off the tray. Roasted garlic is so sweet!

Sprinkle lemon zest, garlic and lemon juice over the cauliflower. Drizzle with olive oil. Mix up well. The lemon and olive oil are amazing for your skin so get your hands in there. Season with salt and pepper.


Sprinkle the freshly grated cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and fork tender.

Let me tell you, the smell while it cooks is amazing. Between the garlic roasting and the lemon, it is just the best smell. The Tortured Teenager and I were literally eating it off the tray. I kept teasing her because it IS a vegetable. Vegetables are yucky! More for me! My tactics didn't work!

3 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

I love cauliflower - and this recipe looks great, thanks :)

Pam said...

We love cauliflower here and could eat it about every day also. Yours looks delicious and I make it this way most of the time.

Fab Find Foodie said...

YUM That looks SO GOOD!!! I'm right with you on the cauliflower as mock potatoes...nooo thanks! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs