Share |

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Buffalo Wings


I love bar food! And so does my family! I never liked Buffalo wings when I was a teenager. Somehow in the last couple years I developed a taste for it. And I crave the spiciness. My brats are the same way. If you mention pizza, my kids want wings. And those babies are NOT cheap when you have an entire family that wants to nibble on them. So the obsession became a quest to make them at home. You could just buy the bag of frozen ones but we like them sloppy, finger licking, dripping with spicy sauce...mmm I am craving them just writing about them. Homemade is by far better. Just make sure you buy enough wings. And get the beer cold!

Buffalo Wings
36 chicken wings separated
6 TB butter
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 cup of Franks Buffalo sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)

Salt and Pepper the wings and place on a cookie sheet. (I sprayed mine with Pam but they are old and needing to be replaced)

Bake in a preheated 425 degrees oven for 40 minutes. Make sure you turn half way. I like my wings with a little color. So I stuck the broiler on for a couple minutes.
While the wings are cooking, melt butter in a sauce pan. Add the garlic and let it cook.
Turn heat off and add the hot sauce. Taste it...is it spicy enough? This is where I add more. The Tortured Teenager at this point is threatening to dip anything in it. It's like I never feed her!
Transfer the cooked wings to a large bowl and pour sauce over them. Toss to cover. Serve with Blue Cheese dressing or if you are a Cali girl, you want Ranch dressing!
I always serve with celery and carrot sticks..and lots of them! Hey it's to make us feel like the wings aren't that unhealthy! They are low carb...sort of!



Don't forget to enter my Freschetta Pizza Giveaway!!

7 comments:

VKT said...

I love buffalo wings...but unfortunately, my digestive system doesn't. Sigh


Have a wonderful week-end!

tahtimbo said...

Those look SO good!! I love buffalo wings! I'll be saving this recipe for later use. Thanks you for the recipe and Happy Mother's Day :)

Chef Dennis Littley said...

oh how I do love buffalo wings....and so do my girls, although for them I do buffalo tenders..I add a little honey to mine to take the edge off.

Lynsey James March said...

Who doesn't love wings? I agree though, they are SO expensive to order if you have a lot of people! This is a great recipe to try to save some money as well as learn to make your fave food!

Candi said...

Yum! I've never thought about adding the garlic in...great addition!

Meg @ A Dash of Nutmeg said...

YUM! I love Buffalo wings! Since I live only an hour away from Buffalo I'm gonna pretend I didn't see the part where you suggested ranch dressing...

Linda said...

Great recipe. You know I've never tried making my own wings at home. I've always had them either at the pub or bought them in a box at the grocery store. This is one I'll have to try for myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs