Share |

Monday, May 17, 2010

Feta Greek Chicken

My dog (who happens to be my favorite child) is having a problem with Spring. Spring has brought squirrels into our front yard. She sits at the front window and whines. She cant figure them out. Are the small cats? Why won't they play with her? And then to just make her morning, there are the ducks. Ducks that have found the perfect breakfast right across the street from my front window. If the squirrels haven't puzzled her, the ducks just tick her off. She doesn't mind the Blue Jays but those dang ducks just dont belong that close to the house. Boxers are not know for hunting nor are they known for being the most intelligent of the breeds. I am convinced that under that brindle coat, she is indeed a blond!

Spring brings the tease of weather that changes the way you cook. I start to rotate out all those heavy winter meals with lighter choices. It's hard to convince the family to eat heavy meals when it is 70 degrees outside. Unfortunately in our neck of the woods, the weather is not predictable. It can be warm one day and cold and windy the next. Tonight's meal has spring flavors.

I have posted a couple times how much I love Greek Chicken! I make it often. It is so easy! If you have made my Greek Chicken, then you are ready to graduate to the next level! Feta Greek Chicken is Greek Chicken to the extreme happiness. I was a little bored with my Greek Chicken a couple months ago (the fact that we were only eating it once a week might have something to do with it) and decided to kick it up a notch. OK the fact that I had some feta that HAD to be consumed was another reason. I was taking a huge gamble with this meal. The Tortured Teenager hates stinky cheese! I lied and told her it was cream cheese until she ate three thighs and I felt I was safe to tell her the truth.. Angry with me? Oh ya! But did she love it anyways? Yep! The one meal I didn't blog, and it was perfect!


Feta Greek Chicken

3 chicken breast halves with skin and bone
Or
1 tray of skin on bone in thighs

Pry the skin away from the flesh. Season the chicken under the skin with salt, pepper, garlic power and Oregano.
Place chicken in 9x13 baking pan. Season both sides with garlic power, salt and pepper and oregano (be generous, I don’t measure)
Drizzle juice of one lemon over chicken and drizzle olive oil over chicken (again be generous, it’s olive oil not bacon fat)


Stuff feta between the skin and the flesh.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours (I’ve done as little as 30 minutes and it is still good)
Take out of frig 30 minutes before baking.
Bake 350 till meat is cooked and juices run clear.
If you want to make sure your chicken is not over cooked or undercooked, I suggest you use one of these! I take my chicken out at 165 degrees. Really I want to take it out at 160 but The Fireman complains. There is carry over cooking time. It will cook five more degrees as it sits on the counter.
These instant read thermometer is a life saver in the Kitchen. Here is a link if you want to buy one!

1 comments:

Chef Dennis Littley said...

OMG....great seasonings, then feta under the skin!!! I love it! what a great flavor that must have.
I wish i had a piece right now.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs