Share |

Monday, May 3, 2010

No Bake Cookies (aka Cow Patties)


I read a TON of blogs every day! It is my media source since I do not watch the news or read the newspaper (more on that another time!) Last week Review Retreat posted her No Bake Oatmeal Cookies. That was all it took, and I was transported back in time! Every child that grew up in the 70's made these babies! My grandmother would make them in the summer when she didn't want to turn on the oven. We used to call them Cow Patties! These are so versatile. You can add whatever to them...peanuts, pecans, cereal! Just make sure the milk is ready! These will not last long!

Thanks Review Retreat for sparking the memory!

No Bake Cookies (aka Cow Patties)
Ingredients

2½ cups of old fashioned oats
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
1 stick Butter or margarine
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup of milk

Line counters with wax paper. (I am plum out of it so foil will have to do. I am spraying with Pam and then wiping it so it won't be greasy)

In large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa powder. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring. Boiling for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.

Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in oats. Mix quickly otherwise the mixture will begin to harden.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow the cookies to cool and harden before removing.


Hide from the kids!!



A quick note;
I have hit 200 followers...200!!!! Thank you for listening to me babble! Really!
Shamrocks and Shenanigans

12 comments:

Catherine said...

These treats look so yummy and so easy to make! I'm going to try them soon!
Happy Monday!

Meg @ A Dash of Nutmeg said...

Perfect! I've had a can of oats for several months now that I've been completely uninspired about. My fiancee will love these! Now to just find my kitchen counter...

Andrea said...

I LOVE these. Except every time I've tried to make them they fall flat! I'm inspired, tho, now I want to try again! ;) Yum.

Anonymous said...

Wow look very good ;
http://beonefineday.blogspot.com/

Lucie said...

These look so delicious - These wouldn't last long in my house! Lucie x

Candi said...

Yum! I have everything to make those...think I'll let the kids "help"...thanks for sharing the easy recipe!

Miller Moments said...

Mmm, yum! I don't think I've ever had those before.

Chef Dennis Littley said...

they do look really tasty!!! cow patties...hmmmm

Little Bishops said...

I've been dying to make these and adapt them to a yeast-free diet and seeing you post this has further spurred me on. So if I don't get around to making them tonight, they will most definitely be on the plan for Wednesday night.

I gave you an award!

http://love2cook05.blogspot.com/2010/05/reassured-and-another-award.html

Pam said...

Oh my gosh! This is an absolute must to try! I almost felt like I was back on the farm for a minute. ;) Great recipe and I thank you!

Michele N said...

Yummy!!! I'll have to try your recipe, it looks different than mine. I made these for Easter, but I took a cue from the chocolate coconut nests in the store and made an indentation in the center and added 3 jelly beans to each before they cooled. I think they were better tasting "nests" than the store bought version. They went fast during two Easter parties, which was good because I could have eaten them all myself otherwise...

sweetlife said...

Cow patties, how funny and yummy

sweetlife

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs