Share |

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ortega Cheese Dip


I make a spicy spinach and artichoke dip at just about every get together. My brats don't appreciate it like the guys (yes I said guys) that man the BBQ pit. They are down right protective of the dip. I don't think they know that there are vegetables in it. But this recipe is not for spicy spinach and artichoke dip. Nope! I came about this dip from making Ortega Chili Cheese Bread which is amazing and again the men hog it all. They liked it so much that I made more of the topping but I was out of the bread it belonged on so I served it with tortilla chips. Oh my! Happy men! Protective men! Am I ever going to learn to keep half of it in the house-away from the men? Probably not!

Ortega Cheese Dip
1 cans of Ortega HOT Chilis
2 stalks Green Onions (scallions) sliced
½ cups Mayonnaise
2 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese, Grated
1 cube of cream cheese

Mix all ingredients and put in an oven safe dish.


Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips or bread.


This dip could be made in the crock pot. Try it when you are crunched for time. Set it on low. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy, this looks super delicious, gonna have to try it! have a great holiday weekend,
anne
www.anniebakes.net

Pam said...

You surely know how to make your men happy! This is another great recipe I just have to try! Love that mixture of the cheeses. Have a wonderful holiday!

Lucy's Soup Can said...

Looks really good. I have a weakness for cheesy dips! Is this one particularly spicy?

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

Not too spicy but you could substitute the Hot Ortega chilis for regular ortega chilis. Taste the dip before you bake it. If the flavor is strong enough then bake it. But personally I would use two can of regular chilis. But I like the flavor of chilis. Lol

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

That looks really good but how spicy is it? I'm following you now. Thanks for flying with us on Friday-Follow.

Tami
www.heartsmakefamilies.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs