Share |

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Taco Tuesday! Hamburger Tacos


As a child, tacos were simply hamburger meat with a taco spice packet. Now we eat all sorts of type of tacos, Pulled Pork, Chili Rubbed Tri-tip, Chili Verde, and my favorite Fish Tacos! My kids love when I make the old standby Hamburger Tacos. I dont use a spice packet like my parents did. The spice is so easy to make and I bet you have all the spices up in your cupboard. Add with some Homemade Salsa, sour cream and guacamole and if I am lucky a beer.

Hamburger Tacos
1 1/2 pounds Hamburger
1/2 onion diced

Taco Seasoning (or buy your favorite from the store!)
1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano

Brown hamburger and onion until cooked thoroughly. Drain off grease. Return meat to the pan.



Mix all the ingredients for the Taco Seasoning.

Sprinkle over meat. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer for 5minutes.
My brats LOVE fried shells! They are easy to make but you need to be careful. There is oil involved. Let's not burn down the kitchen for a fried shell. To make fried shells you will need two cups of oil. I use Canola but there are better oils. Just make sure you do not use Olive Oil. Heat up the oil on high. I dont use a thermometer but I am sure I should. Once the oil is HOT put the tortilla in the oil. It should bubble a little. Turn the heat to medium high.

With two forks, check to see if the shell is brown on the one side. Once it is golden, flip it over and fold it quickly and let both sides brown.

Then remove to drain on paper towels.

Once all your shells are cooked, start filling with the taco meat and all your favorite fixings.

Stuff face until full!


5 comments:

Christy said...

Ummm...wow...I love the way those shells look! I'm definitely going to try this out. I made some tamales this weekend I'll post about tomorrow, but your recipe came just in time for Cinco de Mayo celebrations. :O) Thanks for sharing!

Catherine said...

I love taco tuesday! You've got me hooked!
This looks so delish and juicy! I'm starving!

A Mom's Take said...

Catching you back! Those taco's look so good!!!!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

http://www.amomstake.com

Anonymous said...

YUM! I will be trying those for sure. They look so good.

Tagging you back!

LeAnn said...

Tagging back! Those tacos look so good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs