Share |

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crock Pot Pot Roast


I love when I have my family home on Sundays! Sundays scream family! I love that old fashioned Sunday Dinner. Don't matter if you are bbq'ing or making the traditional Sunday dinner, I just love to have us all at the table. My brats are getting older so I have to lure them in with food.

I started the luring bright and early this morning when I was browning a Pot Roast. I had already made my brats some pancakes (can you say spoiled?) so when I started browning the roast I didn't expect an audience. The smell just floats through the house ensuring that I will have a full table for dinner.

I love my crockpot! Have I mentioned that? It is beat up (like most of my kitchen stuff) but I use it at least once a week. Most meals you can just toss in the crock pot and know they will be perfect later.

My Pot Roast has one ingredient that I am sure will freak out the Tortured Teenager so I have to sneak it in! I put Cream of Mushroom Soup in the gravy! Mixed with the Cabernet wine and the juices from the meat, it makes a perfect gravy. Just dont tell The Tortured Teenager! She loves this gravy!

Crock Pot Roast

1 Chuck or Rump Roast (Rump was on sale this week so that is what we are using)
salt, pepper and garlic power for seasoning
1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon (grab something you would actually drink)
1 onion halved and sliced or pearl onions
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup

Season your roast up good with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Don't be stingy!

Brown in a very hot pan on all sides. You could omit this step if you are short on time but trust me, it adds flavor to the gravy!

Toss that baby into your crock pot.

Add one onion, halved and sliced or if you are lucky enough to have some in your freezer, Pearl Onions are amazing in this! They are The Fireman's absolute favorite! I just have way too much in my freezer right now to dig them out!

Now pull one cup of red wine in the pot...make sure it is something you would drink. If you dont drink red wine, ask the store for a recommendation. There are some pretty decent cheap wines out there right now. (That or I am just not that picky anymore!) I would pour myself a glass, but it is only 10:00am!!! I'm saving the rest of the bottle for dinner!

Now the easy part! Cook on low all day....
Remove the meat to a serving plate. Don't worry if it is falling apart! That means it is PERFECT!
Skim off the grease from the juices. Or don't but my spare tire is big enough...
Add one can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (shhhh!!! Hide the can afterwards!)

It may not look pretty...Mix well! It will come together and make the most beautiful gravy!

You won't even need to yell DINNER!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pot roast...but my favorite is always the MASHED POTATOES. YYYYYYUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs