Share |

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pickled Cucumber Salad


With the fourth of July right around the corner, I want to share as many summer dishes as I can! This year, the weather has been unsummer like so I've been making quite a bit of winter dishes...still. I really want the warm weather. I'm craving it!!! Maybe I can will it to be summer with some of these dishes.
My grandmother always had vegetables growing in her yard. Strawberries hanging in baskets, mint growing wild in the yard, tomatoes...ahh the tomatoes!! I love tomatoes. I can eat them like an apple. Anyways, vegetables were always fresh in the summer. I remember this salad being made and getting gobbled up. My gram used to can veggies, pickle, oh and make jellies! I have yet to learn the art of pickling and canning. It's one thing I aim to learn. This salad was a staple and as close to pickling as I get....for now.

Pickled cucumber salad
2 English cucumbers split lengthwise and then cut into slices
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
I red onion halved and sliced
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 TB sugar
1 TB dill
1 TB Olive oil

Mix vinegar, sugar, dill and olive oil. Pour over the cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. For best results make the night before. But we make last minute all the time.


badge


New Friend Fridays


New Friend Fridays

4 comments:

Pam said...

Well this is a great dish for the 4th! Your salad looks delicious and I pretty much make it the same way but, peel the cucumbers. I will not be doing that the next time! It must be the day for cucumbers as I posted a recipe using them today and I have seen several others. It's a wonderful thing, summer and fresh veggies!

dustinnikki said...

Following from Friendly Friday!

http://dustinnikki.blogspot.com/

Daphne said...

Hello! I'm your newest follower :)

This recipe looks great and I think I'm going to make it for a 4th of July cookout we are going to this weekend :)

I hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for linking up for our Friday Blog Hop! I'm following you back! :)

Kim @ Chubby Cheeks Thinks

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs