Share |

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Easy Italian Meatloaf


Meatloaf is a hit in my house. Don't ask me how but my kids love it. I prefer it the next day in a sandwich. Yep! That's me! Excited for leftovers. This meatloaf is fast. You probably have all the ingredients on hand. Serve with some Italian au Gratin potatoes and you have a perfect 1950's meal. You may wonder why I am making a winter dish. Notice the sun has not made an appearance to Summer here!

Easy Italian Meatloaf
2 LB hamburger (can use ground turkey too)
1/2 cup bread crumbs (just eyeball it)
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup minced red bell pepper (smallest possible)
1/2 cup minced onion (again smallest possible)
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 TB Italian seasoning
1 clove garlic minced

Mix all together carefully to not over mix the meat. Over mixing makes a tough meatloaf and we aren't looking for a football as the finished product.
Place on a greased cookie sheet or a 9x13 baking dish. I like to form into a log.

Cook 375 degrees for about an hour. Cover with spaghetti sauce. Place back into the oven until the meat thermometer registers 160.

Place on a serving dish and let sit for five minutes. This makes it easier to slice. Sneak the ends and make a quick sandwich. Heaven!!

3 comments:

Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen said...

My husband's favorite meal is meatloaf. He always orders it in a restaurent which makes me nervous because you are never sure what they put in it. I like the innards of your recipe. Thanks for posting.

Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen said...

My husband's favorite meal is meatloaf. He always orders it in a restaurent which makes me nervous because you are never sure what they put in it. I like the innards of your recipe. Thanks for posting.

Aleksandra Nearing said...

I'm SUCH a meatloaf fan! I always toss in whatever I have on hand. I love celery and oinions in mine. Sometimes corn if I'm feeling tex-mex.

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs