Share |

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Patty Melt



When I was a little girl, my father always ordered Patty Melts when we would go out. I didn't get the concept then. My taste needed to mature. Fortunately my kids are all over them. It's also a great way to get dinner out quickly. These are super easy to make and super fast. I personally love them on Rye bread but The Tortured Teenager cringes at the thought so she gets sourdough bread. I have tried to by lighter varieties of rye bread but still she is just not on board. Her loss.


Patty Melt
Rye bread
Grilled onions
Cheddar Cheese
Burgers

I wont even bother to tell you how to BBQ or cook your burgers. Tonight I am pan frying.

At the same time I am making burgers, I cook up some onions in a TB of butter. Yes, Butter!


Butter two pieces rye bread

Grill open face with cheese on both pieces like grilled cheese. Some like to add the cheese to the burger but I prefer doing it on the bread.
Add grilled onions to one side

Add burger to the other piece of bread.
Serve with a deli pickle...it's a must!
Family Friendly Note For younger kids that do not like onions, you could leave them out! Have the kids help with assembling the patty melts. Enjoy!




badge


New Friend Fridays


New Friend Fridays

1 comments:

Catherine said...

Oooh I could go for one of these right now! YUMMY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs