Share |

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Spicy Apricot Panko Pork Chops

Even I have days that things just don't work out as planned. I planned on making Whiskey Maple Pork Chops. Sounds great right? Unfortunately with all this extra baseball, BBQ'ing is not going to work out. And to make matters worse, I only have twenty minutes to toss dinner on the table before The Fireman needs to go back to work. Think....think...I hate repeating meals or at least not in the same month. OK I got it! And even my picky eater will like this! Spicy Apricot Panko Pork Chops!

Spicy Apricot Panko Pork Chops

6 thin Pork Chops (if you have medium sized ones whack then with a rolling Ron between some plastic wrap)
3/4 cup Saucy Susan (don't have that? Apricot Jam will work)
1 tsp (or more if you like it really spicy) Sesame Chili Oil
1 Egg beaten
Vegetable oil (enough to coat bottom of the pan)
1 cup Panko bread crumbs

Heat oil on medium high.

Set up a breading station with two dishes. Mix 1 tsp kosher salt with the bread crumbs.

Mix egg with Saucy Susan and chili oil


Dip pork into the jam mixture and them into the panko bread crumbs.

That Pork is hiding in there somewhere!

Place into the frying pan. These cook fast so keep an eye on them. Four minutes max for the first side. Three minutes on the other side. If that!

Place on White Rice or Cous Cous. Some of my Pineapple Mango Salsa would be awesome in this but I can't seem to keep it in the house. My kids love it!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs