Share |

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lemon Garlic Stir Fry


I am craving junk food in the worst way. Thankfully I need to take The Fireman dinner tonight. This is easy, fast and very good for you. You could bypass the carb loaded rice and have a healthy dish. Don't be too literal with the veggies I used. You can use whatever you have on hand or even a bag from the veggie isle or the freezer.

Forgive some of the dark photos. I could find my camera. In between flipping chicken I finally found it dead in The Ballplayers room. Finally found some hidden rechargeable batteries which I charged while cooking. I tried to take some photos with my iPhone but it's not the best. I finally got the batteries charged enough to take a final pic.

2 chicken breasts sliced into strips
2 zucchini sliced into half domes
1 yellow squash sliced
1 bell pepper sliced
3 cup broccoli cut into small florets
1 green onion sliced
4 cloves garlic minced
2 TB Marsala
1 lemon

Coat the bottom of a pan with some oil. I used olive oil. You can use whatever you have or even butter. Butter would have been great but my conscience took over and olive oil ended in the pan. Cook the chicken over medium high heat. Season with lemon pepper seasoning

Place the chicken on a plate. Set aside.

Put all the veggies into the pan except for the green onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.

Here is where I over cooked in search of the camera. Not advised. I like the veggies a little crunchy but cooked. Add the garlic and green onions.

Add Marsala and finish cooking the veggies.
Serve over rice or by itself.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs