Share |

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins


The Fireman complains that I don't bake as much as I used to. Good grief have you seen my spare tire? It is true. In the early parts of our marriage I baked all the time. It's my blood. My grandmother baked. When she took on the role of being our Guardian Angle, my grandfather took over. He would bake so many cookies that the grumpy old man got the nickname of the "Cookie Monster" but he loved it. He would drop containers to each of the Fire Stations and the Forestry Service where he was employed.

But something happened as I cooked more than I baked. I found this freedom to make each dish my own. Baking is a science. A precise measurement. I don't measure when I cook. Measuring to bake became almost too rigid. So I ended up baking less and less. I have oodles of baking recipes. I will try to include some with each new menu.

My grandmother believed in eating dessert for breakfast. Pie, a piece of cake or even a cookie was acceptable. You see why us grandchildren loved her!!

I have to hide my chocolate chips from The Ballplayer. He will take the entire bag unintentionally to his room. He doesn't mean to. They just beg him to eat them.


Chocolate chip muffins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. I don't think I have cupcake wrappers so I just spray the bejeezers out of the muffin tin.

In a bowl gather all your dry ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder

In another bowl (I use a 4 cup measuring pitcher) gather your wet ingredients.
1 cup whole milk
1 egg
1/3 cup plus 1 TB vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Mix the dry with the wet (don't over mix!!!) And then add 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Pour batter into muffin pan, about 3/4 the way. I am guilty of over filling. But this batter does well for over filling.

Now sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter. About seven each but who's counting?

Bake for 20 minutes and then hide from the kids.

Oops a child found me taking pictures of muffins! I tried!

3 comments:

The Zany Housewife said...

Hmmm...those might be perfect for the hubby to nosh on while he takes the train to work...

Miller Moments said...

Oh my!! I think I drooled a little.

The Busy Chick.Com said...

OMG! Looks awesome. Printed it for later reference. Thanks!

Following you from Mom Bloggers Club. Please follow me back at TheBusyChick.Com.
Happy Blogging!

Teri
TheBusyChick.Com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs