Share |

Monday, July 19, 2010

Chicken Scampi with Veggies

Would it change your opinion of me if you knew I literally pulled dinner together by the seat of my pants? I have maybe five ingredients for dinner. Chicken, some veggies, some angle hair pasta and a bottle of wine! What to cook that isn't BORING? How about some Chicken Scampi? Everyone in the house will love except for The Ballplayer. But I can fix that with leaving the sauce off.

Chicken Scampi with Veggies
1 LB chicken breast tenders
1 TB butter for frying
3 TB butter for sauce
1 cup dry wine
4 cloves of garlic minced
flour for dredging
2 cups of broccoli cut into small pieces
1 cup of red bell pepper cut into strips
1 onion sliced in halve and then sliced
1 lemon cut in half
1 tsp red pepper flakes (it's not spicy! I promise)
1 box of Angel Air Pasta

Start boiling water for Angel Hair Pasta but do not put the pasta into the water until you start on the sauce.
Lightly dust the chicken in some flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
Heat the butter in about 3 TB of olive oil over Medium high heat.
Cook the chicken until cooked thoroughly. It goes quick with these small pieces! Put chicken aside on a plate once cooked.
Meanwhile, chop up all the veggies and garlic
Dump all the veggies into the pan that you just cooked the meat in. Cook until just about cooked. I dont want them cooked so much that the broccoli doesn't have a little crisp in it.
Now take one half of the lemon and squeeze over the veggies.
Remove the veggies to a bowl. And start boiling cooking your Angel Hair pasta. It cooks uber fast!
I wiped my pan clean with a paper towel but it's not necessary. Melt the couple TB of butter. Just do it! Add the red pepper flakes!
Squeeze the other half of the lemon into the pan. The Fireman doesn't like a strong Lemon flavor. If he wasn't home I would have added more.
Add (carefully) the wine. I LOVE that smell! Resist the urge to grab a loaf of crusty bread and forget dinner.
Let simmer for a minute or two and then add the veggies and chicken back to the pan. Its a Party!
Mix up well so every ingredient gets some of the buttery wine sauce!
DINNER!!!

3 comments:

Pam said...

This sounds delicious and the colors are great! I almost got chicken out of the freezer this morning but pulled out pork chops instead. So I will be trying this later with the chicken! Yum!

Unknown said...

Your last minute planned meal is better than most meals that are planned out in advanced. Way to go!

Fab Find Foodie said...

I LOVE Scampi...and yours look utterly delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs