Share |

Saturday, July 17, 2010

San Francisco Burger


Dinner doesn't have to be a production every night. Some nights it's nice to just toss something together. Even if it is Burger Madness Saturday.
I have one child that I'd obsessed with sourdough bread. I don't think she really knows the history behind the bread. My Momma made homemade sourdough bread for years. In fact I'm sure she is still feeding her sourdough starter to this day. There was bread and pancakes. And there were burgers made in her homemade bread. I don't make homemade bread. It's not gonna happen. Period. But her burgers will happen.


San Francisco Burger
Sour dough bread
Burger
Grilled onions
Cheddar cheese
Bacon

I wont even bother to tell you how to BBQ or cook your burgers. Tonight I am pan frying.
At the same time I am making burgers, I cook up some onions in a TB of butter. Yes, Butter!


Bake the bacon while burgers and onions cook. If you are unfamiliar with making bacon in the oven, it is my favorite way! No standing over the stove with popping grease. Place the bacon on a rack and place the rack on a cookie sheet. Line with bacon. Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes. Be careful to not burn it. I am notorious for burning the bacon.

Butter bread on one side.

Grill bread with cheese on both side. Add onions and bacon to one side. Add a burger or two to other. Top with bacon and thousand island dressing.


badge


New Friend Fridays





2 comments:

The Zany Housewife said...

Hmmm...I foresee this being one of the meals here at the Zany household. Can't wait to try it! :)

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Looks delish! I will be trying it out. Thanks for the recipe :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs