Share |

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chinese Chicken Wraps



The Tortured Teenager craves this so much that I could just about make it in my sleep. Fortunately it is pretty healthy and we usually have all the ingredients on hand. The salad is a take on another recipe I make, Donna's Ramen Salad except I don't fry the crispy stuff. This is more tossed together in a rush while my family is pounding their fists to the table in a frenzy. I will admit to using whatever chicken I have on hand. there are times I will make some quick Homemade chicken tenders, toss some store bought frozen variety or even grab some from the deli. I am not too picky.


Chinese Chicken Wraps
1/2 bag of chopped iceberg lettuce salad
1/2 bag of coleslaw salad mix
1 Oriental Top Ramen noodles (crunch the package up so the noodles break and save the seasoning packet for the dressing)
1 small package of slivered almonds
1 green onion sliced
1/4 cup sesame oil and vegetable oil mixed together (you will only have 1/4 cup combined)
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tsp pepper
1 seasoning packets from Oriental Ramen noodles
3 TB honey
1 cup of chicken

Dump the salads, noodles, green onion, and almonds into a large bowl.
Mix the rest of the ingredients for the dressing. Dump chicken and dressing on salad. Mix well
fold into extra large tortillas. Cut in half and serve.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Looks good to me! Wraps are easy and a delicious thing!

Check out my giveaway and hope you enter!

Miller Moments said...

Oh I love this kind of thing! Will have to give it a try.

Nancy said...

This sounds like a really good lunch. I love that it looks like something that would take a long time to make but really isn't so hard. Thanks I will give this a try soon.

~Cheryl~ said...

Yummy Yummy- This is printed and going to be made this weekend! Thanks

Kisha said...

These look absolutely delicious! Do you think I could turn these into lettuce wraps since I'm all low carb these days?

Anonymous said...

East or West — home is best.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs