Share |

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dressed Up Spaghetti Sauce


It's just The Ballplayer and myself for dinner tonight. The Tortured Teenager has a job (thank you!) and The Fireman is off on a fire. I really have fallen off my menu this last week. It's hard to make a huge meal for just us two. Even harder when one has a very unrefined palate. He is begging for Spaghetti. I really don't feel the urge to slow cook a sauce for two hours just for us so the store bought sauce will have to do. Even I use them. There are some great varieties out there that don't taste like dressed up ketchup. I still have to play it so it appeals to my taste.

While the noodles are cooking, dump one jar of your favorite store spaghetti sauce. I am using Bertolli's Basil sauce. Add 1/2 box of cream cheese and let it all melt together. Add 1 tsp of cayenne pepper and 1 tsp of garlic powder. This one will surprise you, add 2 TB of Marsala to the sauce. This will give that simmered all day taste. Let simmer for 10 minutes. I like to dump the noodles right into the sauce pan. I like them saucy! My Ballplayer was trying to eat as I photographed this. You'd think I never feed my family!

3 comments:

Mother Rimmy said...

I like the use of cream cheese. Great idea!

Pam said...

Different and it sounds great!

The Zany Housewife said...

I'll have to try that! My hubby is seriously addicted to spaghetti. As in, he wants it weekly. I'm not that big of a fan, but this actually sounds good. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs