Share |

Friday, August 20, 2010

Dijon Shrimp over Zucchini


I've gone soft. Literally. So in a desperate act to watch my jiggle I am watching my carbs a little more carefully. I don't want to stop cooking or eating. But not jiggle as much. So for lunch I am making an ultra fast Dijon Shrimp with Zucchini. You could easily put over angel hair pasta or white rice but it is just as satisfying without. The recipe is for four but I am only cooking for myself today.

Dijon Shrimp over Zucchini
24 jumbo shrimp
4 zucchini halved and sliced
4 TB Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 lime juiced
3 TB Marsala
2 TB butter (I'm using Smart Butter)

I buy frozen shell on raw fish. I do this so I can use exactly how much I want at a time. It's cheaper to buy them raw with the shells on. They are already de-veined Stick the frozen shrimp in a colander and run cold water over the shrimp. Shell and put into a bowl.

Cover with the dijon, garlic, and lime. Let sit while you cook the zucchini.


Take the 2 TB of Smart Butter and melt in a saute pan. Add the zucchini to it. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook till golden

Add the shrimp mixture to the hot pan and leave the zucchini in with it. These will cook in a minute tops.

Add the Marsala and cook one more minute. Serve!

3 comments:

lishapisa said...

How lovely! This must be so tasty!
I am also watching my carbs intake. and it has worked for me and i'm going to continue as it's healthier.
Love the Dijon touch*
mmmmmm I might just have this with a bowl brown rice!
Thank you for the recipe,
Lisa
CookNg Sisters

Pam said...

I need to make this and I could easily skip the rice or pasta as it sounds great! It's that Dijon thing that's going on! Great will power you have, I'd have to eat more of it than that! Yum!

Chef Dennis Littley said...

it looks so good!! I never thought about using shrimp with zucchini , I do love both! the marsala was a nice touch, it must have gone great with the dijon!!! of course I would want to put it all over rice,(like I need the carbs...lol)
Great job!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs