Share |

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Caesar Salad



Really I should call this Caesar-ish salad. Its a fast version. So fast tonight that I left the Parmesan off. I was hungry. My family was hungry. Enough said.

If you have ever made homemade croutons you know that it's about as cheap and easy to make that I'm not sure why the store can charge so much!!

Once you make this quick Caesar dressing you will scratch your head again puzzled at why you bought it. Mine is practically anchovies free. I say that only because my children read this and haven't figured out what Worcestershire sauce is made out of. It's our secret please.

Caesar Salad

First make the croutons.
4 cups of chopped up french bread (you could use any variety of bread)
2 TB butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp fresh minced garlic (about 3 cloves of garlic)

Preheat oven to 325

Chop up your bread into chunks

Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl


Mix the butter mixture with the bread
Bake ten minutes and then stir and return to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes

Resist eating all afternoon


Make the dressing
1/4 cup of Mayo
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
1/2 lime juiced
3 TB olive oil

Mix in a food processor until completely mixed. Refrigerate (dont freak if it want to separate. It did that to me but came together just fine)

Now pile a bag of romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese (just pretend you see mine) and some croutons in a bowl. Drizzle some dressing over and call it happy. I know that most families mix theirs up but I have kids that like more or less dressing. This keeps the natives happy.

1 comments:

Michele N said...

So, are you saying Worcestershire sauce is made with anchovies??? I guess that's why I don't use it much. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs