Share |

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Greek Cous Cous Salad



I have been actively watching my waistline. Watching it grow....not really. But I hope not. This dish reminds me of what you would eat at a spa. I have no idea what they serve at a spa but I would want to eat this. I may even want to lick my fingers after.

This does feed an army. Cous Cous is amazing at being affordable and stretching the dollar. The Fireman and I ate this for lunch for two days. This may or may not have been low in fat or calories but I felt good after I ate it. It is full of flavor. You could easily add some grilled chicken or shrimp to it or keep it meatless.

Greek Cous Cous Salad
1/4 cup butter (I know! Not spa like but I'm trying!)
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup chop kalamata olives
1/2 cup chop sun dried tomatoes
1/2 c wine
1/2 lemon juice
Salt pepper
1/2 cup feta

Prepare plain cous cous according to the package. I just happen to have some leftover from dinner last night.

Melt the butter in a saute pan. Add the garlic and cook until it gets some color. Add the wine, and lemon juice. Let cook for a minute or two. I have to resist grabbing bread at this point. I love wine and butter mixed together. I have love handles to prove it..
Add the Kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes (you could totally add more of any of these items.) Give it a stir and let it all just warm up.


Add the cous cous to the pan. Mix well. Now I could have done a better job last night at fluffing my cous cous. Once I stored over night I had little pasta balls and there was nothing I could do about it nor did it affect the flavor.
Now add the feta and serve.

2 comments:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

YUM! I have not tried this variation. I love couscous!

Mhel said...

ahhh!! I fell in love with couscous, the moment I had it in an exotic Meditteranean/African resto here. They served it with Lamb and honey, fruits, and nuts. Twas a dish fit for a king. I love Greek couscous too. anything Mediterranean, add it in my list! Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs