Share |

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Roasted Sweet Potatoes


I really, really, no I really mean really am trying to not eat as many potatoes. Promise! So tonight I am making Sweet potatoes because I have read that they are better for you than the russet ones that I so crave. The Fireman is BBQing some steaks. I don't know which I am more excited for, the steak or the potatoes. Sweet potatoes are great because you can play up on the sweetness with some spice. Tonight I am using my Fireman's Seasoning. I think the kick of the seasoning will go great with the sweet potatoes.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This is so easy. Just start with two large Sweet Potatoes. Peel them up and chop into chunks. Place onto a cookie sheet and drizzle with some olive oil.

Next sprinkle with Fireman's Seasoning. I keep mine in a container. I make up a double or triple batch each time. It gets used that often.


Pop into a preheated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Flip half way. Keep an eye on these. The cook faster than those white potatoes.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Great seasoning and I'll have to give this a try soon!

Michele N said...

Those look yummy, but they don't look much like sweet potatoes...they don't look orange enough!

The Zany Housewife said...

I'm always so nervous about sweet potatoes. I can't remember the last time I actually had one. How did they turn out?

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

They were good! Just had to really watch them. They cooked really fast. Also they were not as orange as I thought they should have been. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs