Share |

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chicken Fingers


Once again it is just The Ballplayer and myself for dinner. He is craving junk food like only a growing teenager can. I took chicken tenders out for dinner tonight. My original plan was to make the family Butter Chicken. But with The Fireman on a fire and the Tortured Teenager working, I am almost tempted to run down to the corner for a burger. It would have been a great plan but my son requested some of my "famous chicken fingers!" How can I pass that up?

These aren't as much work as they taste like they are a ton of work! That's the good news. I toss some of my Lemon Roasted Potatoes in the oven. They are fast and taste like junk food. While I am working on that. I dump my chicken in a bowl and cover with Buttermilk. If you dont have any just add a TB of vinegar to milk. It gives you the same consistency. Let the chicken soak while you get the potatoes in the oven.

Heat up about two cups of vegetable oil in a deep pan on medium high heat while you are doing all the prep. You want the oil HOT but not smoking hot.

In a dredging pan dump about two cups of flour, 1 TB Lawry's seasoning salt and a couple TBs of Buttermilk. Stir up real well. The little bit of milk will make these chunks of flour that will be heaven on your chicken tenders. Dump a piece of the chicken from the buttermilk directly into the flour mixture.

Toss a pinch of flour into the oil. If it starts to sizzle then the oil is hot enough. If if sinks to the bottom, wait a couple more minutes.

Place cooked chicken on a cooling rack that is on top of a pile of paper towels. You could put in a barely warm oven to keep warm but I find they get soggy. My family doesn't mind them not being smoking hot.

Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. We lean to Ranch!

1 comments:

Karen said...

Those look sooo good!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs