Share |

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Marsala Steak Sandwiches




Saturdays are usually a Burger night in this family. Anything on a bun will work for my family. The Fireman was craving some beef after being away from the Family for the last five days. This will be great for him. The screams MAN FOOD! Cube steak cooked up with onions and bell peppers, with a rich sauce placed on toasted buns with cheese. These are a two napkin meal!

Marsala Steak Sandwiches
6 cube steaks cut into strips
1 bell pepper cut into strips
1 red onion halved and sliced
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 TB Tabasco
2 TB Marsala
provolone cheese
good sourdough or french rolls halved and toasted

First thing, start cooking the onions and bell pepper in 1 TB butter till nice and brown

Reserve the onions and bell peppers and make sure the family doesn't pick at them. I try to hide them. Sometimes I hide them so well that I forget to put them back into the dinner until its almost too late!

Now place the meat into the same pan the onion mixture cooked in. Sprinkle with Seasoned Salt and cook till done.

Start toasting the buns. I like to butter first before placing on the griddle or under the broiler. I also like to flip over and let the tops get crunchy.

Add the 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce, 1 TB Tabasco, 2 TB Marsala to the meat. Add the onions back in too if you can find where you hid them. Let simmer a couple of minutes.

Top with cheese. If I didnt have that one person in the house that refuses the cheese on HIS sandwich (I'm not saying any names) I would just put all the cheese on the meat in the pan.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs