Share |

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Taco Tuesday



Taco Tuesdays is a tradition in our house that really anyone can easily carry out. I started it when my brats were little to help with my weekly menu. Knowing that every Tuesday I would make tacos made it just easy on me. Hamburger tacos were the staple when the kids were little. As they got older, I got more into it, making a new variety every week. Now we have been doing it for so long that if I forget, I am bound to have a family threatening mayhem. I picked Tuesday because it was what the local restaurants were already doing. I have friends that do it on Thursdays or even Fridays. To get you started on this tradition, I thought I would do a recap of some of my families favorites. Some are quick and others need to simmer in a crock pot. I have gotten away with tossing just about anything in a tortilla over the years. So you dont have to put too much thought in it. I prefer to make my own salsa. It is very easy, very cheap and last maybe a couple days due to it's popularity. This is just a couple of my taco recipes. There are tons more on my Recipe page

Hamburger Tacos

There is no spice packet for these bad boys! I promise you wont miss it either! These are the original ones that started the tradition off.


Chipotle Shrimp Tacos With Creamy Lime Sauce
My family's Favorite Shrimp Taco. Make extra Shrimp and toss in pasta the next day.


Chile Verde Tacos
This one is one of my all time favorites. It's a little work but totally worth it. You could make the sauce the night before and toss it into a crock pot. The leftovers are to die for. Scramble some eggs with it. I dare you!


Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos
The tequila cooks off but add so much flavor!

Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
There is nothing better than Mahi Mahi in a tortilla with some creamy sauce. You get a little taste of Mexico with this taco!


And to top is all...

Simple Salsa
I dare you to try and keep this in the house!

2 comments:

Miller Moments said...

Those all look amazing! How do you make your taco shells? Are they from scratch?

Candi said...

YUM! I love Tex-Mex...it's our favorite and we have it at least weekly. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs