Share |

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nectarine Crisp




The Fireman loves nectarines. We are polar opposites on when to eat them. He likes them cold and crispy. Not crispy from the fridge but because they are not ripe. I, personally like them soft so they are sweet.

I bought a huge bag of nectarines the last time I grocery shopped. They were dirt cheap. They were forgotten in the fridge. Sinful!

So what do you do with an abundance of fruit? Pies, Cobblers and Crisps always come to mind. But I despise baking. In fact my face is twisted just thinking about it. So I settled on a crisp. It's almost a lazy pie but has a crumbly cookie topping. Mine isn't much of a looker. No really but add ice cream and it's heaven.


Nectarine Crisp
12-14 large Nectarines
1 1/2 cups Rolled oats (oatmeal)
1 cup flour
2 3/4 cups Brown sugar not packed
2/3 cups Butter

Cut the fruit off the stone. Lay in a buttered dish that is at least 9x9

In a bowl combine all of the other ingredients. Mix up well. Cut the butter into cubes and mix until crumbly. You can use two forks or a pastry cutter. I just use my fingers. It's a great excuse to lick your fingers!



Spread the crumbs over the nectarines. Press down.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. My oven is a dinosaur so gauge the time on yours. You may need less time than I did.

It may not be pretty but oh The Ballplayer loves it!!



Friday Followers! Thank You so much for checking out my little Blog. These are the Links that I have linked up with this week. There are more and I am sure I forgot one or so, so if you are among the forgotten, so sorry, let me know! I am losing my mind on most days so feel free to tell me! Feel free to visit these other Links and make some new friends!

Facebook Friday

badge

Only-The-Curious

BoostMyBlogFriday

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs