Share |

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Roasted Broccoli with Pine Nuts and Parmesan

Tonight we are having with Whiskey Peppercorn Steak and baked potatoes


I like vegetables that taste like they were work but really you just open and closed the oven. Vegetables as a rule shouldn't be boring. If you want to want to eat your vegetables you have to make them interesting. But it also shouldn't upstage the main attraction. These are yummy enough that I could just eat them for dinner. That's pretty good.


Roasted Broccoli with Pine Nuts and Parmesan

3 heads of broccoli cut into florets
3-4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup pine nuts
Parmesan (please buy it whole and grate it your self.) You need about a TB per person.
Oil
Salt and pepper


Cut the broccoli into florets. Place into a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.

Place in a preheated oven 425 degrees and roast for 15 minutes. When you go to turn them, add the garlic. I like a lot of garlic. Enough to scare away vampires. I am Team Jacob after all.

Minutes before serving toss the pine nuts on the broccoli and pop back into the oven for just a couple minutes.

Put fresh grated Parmesan on top
Tonight we are having with Whiskey Peppercorn Steak and baked potatoes

4 comments:

Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen said...

I am bookmarking this recipe. I must be honest and confess that I really do not like broccoli and yet I know how good it is for you. So, I am continually on the hunt for broccoli recipes that agree with my palette! Thanks!

Lucy's Soup Can said...

I love broccoli AND pine nuts. Especially pine nuts. This would make a great side.

Unknown said...

Hi,

I've never never cook with pine nuts. I'll have to try this recipie.

Im your newest follower from Friday blog hop. Have a great weekend.

http://rwriterjourney.blogspot.com/

(Single)Mommy said...

Hi I'm a new follower from Friendly Friday Follow. I love reading recipe blogs to get new ideas!

~Tania
http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs