Share |

Friday, September 24, 2010

Pork Chops with Bold Mushroom Gravy


To be honest, tonight I planned on making my favorite Mustard Pork Chops but I couldn't find any hard cider so I saved half the mushrooms from last night's Steak with Topper. I am a sucker for any recipe with mushrooms in it. This is very similar to Chicken Marsala expect the obvious, it's pork and its much more zesty with the addition of Worcestershire sauce. Very easy to make. You can get dinner on the table in 15 minutes with the aid of using Angel Hair pasta instead of mashed potatoes.

Pork Chops with Bold Mushroom Gravy
1 package of thin pork chops (mine are boneless to cook faster)
1/2 package baby Bella mushrooms
4 TB Marsala wine
2 TB Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chicken or beef stock
4 TB butter
2 cloves of garlic minced (I actually added more but we are garlic freaks)
salt and pepper
2 TB milk or cream

Start boiling the water for the Angel Hair pasta. Do not add the pasta until you are almost down with the sauce. It only takes three minutes to cook once you add it to the boiling water.

Melt half the butter in a saute pan. Salt and pepper the chops on both sides. You could dredge in flour but frankly I dont have time and dont want flour all over my outfit. I have plans tonight.

Cook the pork chops in the butter over medium heat. You are looking to have them cooked.

Place on a plate while you make the sauce.

If you have butter left in the pan do not add more, I had to add more. Add the mushrooms to the pan. Cook until brown. Add the garlic to the pan and brown but do not burn.
Add the flour and let cook.
Add the Marsala, Worcestershire Sauce and Chicken stock. Keep stiring the entire time. Lower heat to a simmer. Add the milk.

Once the gravy starts thickening up, add the pork chops to the pan. You are looking to cover and warm then as they are already cooked.

Drain the pasta and serve.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs