Share |

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Steak with Mushroom Topper



I'm a steak girl. I have tried not to be but I just love it. Grill it, broil it, pan fry it! I am there! I like it simple to the saucy. This happens to be probably my favorite way. It is a take on dinner out at a steak house. Except my way is so much cheaper. Serve with some Speedy Augratin Potatoes and roasted vegetables and dinner is perfect.

Steak with Mushroom Topper
2-4 steaks (I happen to have 2 monster Ribeyes)
1 package of baby Bella mushrooms (to be honest I made a half package since I needed some for the next night but use the whole package)
4 cloves garlic minced
3 TB Marsala wine
3 TB Worcestershire sauce
2 TB Butter
salt and pepper to taste

Cook your steak to your liking. It does me no good to preach how to cook a steak. I am pan frying but only because it is too windy outside, or that is the excuse The Fireman is crying. I would rather cook myself knowing he will overcook my steak.

While the steak is cooking/grilling chop up your mushrooms and saute in 2 TB butter over Medium high heat. I like mine with quite a bit of color.

Once the mushrooms get some color add the garlic. We really like garlic. If you lean away from it, add less. You wont hurt my feelings.

Let cook but dont burn the garlic. Add the Marsala and Worcestershire sauce. Let soak in the mushrooms. Add salt and pepper.

Place steak on a plate and let rest for a couple of minutes before topping with the mushrooms. I like to garnish with a couple green onions diced.

2 comments:

Meg @ A Dash of Nutmeg said...

Looks yummy. I love sauteed mushrooms on a steak, but never thought about adding some other ingredients to the mix.

Pam said...

Love this! I'm a steak girl also and always serve mushrooms with it. I'll be trying it your way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs