Share |

Friday, September 3, 2010

Bisquick Corn Bread



Bisquick Corn Bread

Who doesn't love cornbread? I have made cornbread every way possible and this is my favorite. It is by far the easiest.

2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Place the 9x9 pan in the oven, empty for ten minutes. I really like to use a cast iron pan but in case you missed the story, it is the one item that went missing when we moved. Of all things to lose, it is the one I miss.
Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add the eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix with a large wooden spoon or spatula, just until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet ingredients.


Take one spoonful of butter and put into the very hot pan that was heating in the oven. Make sure the bottom of the pan is well covered with the butter. Pour the batter into the pan and into the oven.

My oven takes about 50 minutes. But I recommend you check after 40 for your oven. Serve warm with butter and honey.



Friday Followers! Thank You so much for checking out my little Blog. These are the Links that I have linked up with this week. There are more and I am sure I forgot one or so, so if you are among the forgotten, so sorry, let me know! I am losing my mind on most days so feel free to tell me! Feel free to visit these other Links and make some new friends!

Facebook Friday

badge

Only-The-Curious

BoostMyBlogFriday

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs