Share |

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lemon Dijon Chicken over Baby Greens

It has been hotter than H....E....double hockey sticks!!! It is the end of September but our summer is just a little late this year. I was cooking chili and crock pot meals this summer and my readers back East were scratching their heads. It was cold here this summer. But dont get too excited about this warm spell as I am sure it will be gone with in a couple days. While it is here, it is too hot to really cook. I had some beautiful boneless, skinless chicken thighs which were to be used for a stew (obviously that isn't happening, it was 104 today) so I figured I would marinade them and grill them up for a salad. Chicken thighs take flavor like no other part of the chicken. This marinade I did in the afternoon, but you could do it before work and let it sit all day in the fridge. You probably have all the ingredients for the marinade in your fridge too! These type of meals are my favorite, pulling a rabbit out of a hat!



Lemon Dijon Chicken over Baby Greens
1 package of Boneless, Skinless chicken thighs (my package had 6 in it)
1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
2 TB olive oil
2 TB lemon juice (or juice of one lemon)

This is too simple, combine dijon mustard, lemon, oil and chicken in a bowl or ziplock bag. I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper first but you could season it on the grill instead. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to grill. Mine sat for about three hours. It would have been longer but I spaced out and forgot.
The Fireman cant be bother tonight to BBQ (he is busy so we wont blame him until I over heat the house) so I heated up my grill pan on high and sprayed with cooking spray. Cook till thoroughly cooked.
While the chicken is cooking, make the honey Dijon dressing.

Combine
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 TB honey
1 TB Dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
1 TB Italian seasoning
1 pinch kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
Taste and adjust your seasonings.
Place baby greens on each plate and slice the chicken thighs to top. Drizzle dressing over each.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs