Share |

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hasselback Potatoes


These potatoes are almost too pretty to eat. I say that fully knowing that I will eat it and not feel bad about it. Sorry, potatoes are like chocolate to most. Except I dont crave chocolate...ever!

Hasselback Potatoes
3-6 cloves of garlic sliced uber thin. (I like a lot of garlic but most dont)
4-6 large potatoes (but dont get the ones that are the size of a football)
olive oil
butter (stick but you wont use but a couple TB at the most)
Kosher salt and pepper

I am a garlic nut. I will use just about all this garlic and what I dont use will end up in my Mushrooms that I am cooking. Vampires should be warned, we eat a ton of garlic every day.
Slice them as thin as you can with out taking a finger with it
Wash your potatoes. Not that I am afraid of a little dirt but really it has no place in this recipe. If you are good with you knife skills, cut slices into the potato with out cutting all the way. I manage alright but if this is hard for you, you can place a large serving spoon under the potato or a ruler next to the potato.
Being the garlic freak I am, I alternate garlic through the slices. I also like to thinly slice butter and cut each slice into quarters and alternate again between the slices. See there is some garlic left over. Don't worry, I will use it....somewhere! Now carefully drizzle some olive oil on the potatoes. I like to rub to cover using my left hand so I can season with my right hand some Kosher Salt and Pepper.
Bake in a preheated 400 oven for about an hour and half.
See they are almost too pretty to eat. Nice for when you are entertaining. Very easy to make.
I served with some Cube steak that I topped with Bacon and Mushrooms.

3 comments:

The Zany Housewife said...

I LOVE garlic. And potatoes. And who am I kidding...I love butter too. I might just make one for myself and call it lunch.

Katie said...

I have some potatoes sitting around, I'll have to try this tonight! :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Paula Dean would be proud girl!!!!
;D

I am definitely going to try these!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs