Share |

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Rosemary Butter Steamed Red Potatoes


There are many variations on Butter Steamed Red Potatoes. I have made them on the bbq in the summer which is so yummy.. This seems to be one of my lazy ways to get out of making mashed potatoes when I am just not feeling it. These potatoes just simmer in butter. Not very dietetic but oh so good. Moderation is key. After all there is a ton of red potatoes in this pot here. If you want to try a real treat, substitute the water for wine.

Rosemary Butter Steamed Red Potatoes
2 pounds Red Potatoes
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 Tb fresh rosemary

Cut up the potatoes and add to a pot you can cover
Add 1/4 cup water
1 stick of butter and salt. I use unsalted butter.
chop up your rosemary

Add to the potatoes. I love the smell of Rosemary. I would add a ton but my son thinks it is strong tasting when I do that.
Cover and simmer till fork tender. I shake the pan occasionally.
Serve with your Dinner!!



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs