Share |

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Phyllo Apple Pie


We are getting so close to Thanksgiving! This is a desert that you will get lots of ooh and aahhs! I am not a baker. I keep saying this over and over and it really is because I have a really hard time following directions. Baking is so precise and I like to not be precise. I love this recipe because you toss it together and it looks like you slaved over it. Your pie lovers will love the flakiness of the crust. Your dieters will love that using phyllo is lower in carbs than traditional pie crust although at this point I don't know why anyone is concerned with their carb count.


Phyllo Apple Pie

4 cups apples peeled and sliced
1 roll of phyllo
1 TB cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 TB of butter melted (separate into 2 TB portions)

I am using my grandfather's spring pan. Yes, My grandfathers. He was a baking fool and for that I have the utmost respect in him because I despise baking. But this is really easy.
Unroll the phyllo dough. I took half for now and half for the top layer. Take your melted butter and brush it over the sheets, layering them into the pan.
I used about ten layers. Cover with the apples. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over them. I took whatever butter (drop really) that was leftover and poured (dripped) it over the apples.
Take the edges that are hanging over the pan and crumple them inside the pan. Place on a cookie sheet (unless you dont mind the mess in the oven...)

Bake 325 degree oven for about 40 minutes. You are looking for the apples to be tender. Once they are tender pull it out of the oven and work on the top crust.

Now cover with phyllo dough again like you did for the bottom crust, brushing each layer with butter. Take the edges and crinkle into a crust. Bake until golden brown.
Bake 30 more minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool fifteen minutes before trying to release the pan. Then pop the pan off and move to a plate.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs