Share |

Monday, November 12, 2012

Dear Abby's Famous Pecan Pie



A friend shared this recipe with me years ago and this has been my go-to recipe for Pecan Pie. It's so easy that your guests will make a huge deal. This also happens to be one of my favorite pies. I make it every Thanksgiving. Of course the kids wont eat it so The Fireman and I get to eat the whole thing!

DEAR ABBY'S FAMOUS PECAN PIE

9-inch unbaked pie crust
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar (I only have light brown and it is fine)
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 heaping cup pecan halves

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla; mix well.

Pour into unbaked pie crust

Sprinkle with pecan halves. Now this is where I become obsessive compulsive and have to make it pretty.

Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until center is set. (Toothpick inserted in center will come out clean when pie is done.) If the crust or pie appears to be getting too brown, cover with foil for the remaining baking time. Cool.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs