Share |

Friday, November 16, 2012

Easy Turkey Gravy

The other day I showed you my easy method for roasting a turkey. Now you need some gravy to finish it off. This is the easiest way for me to make gravy. I have other recipes where I use wine, or other items but this is the easiest way. So if you are intimidated by making gravy, this is your recipe!

When you take the bird out of the oven, place your bird on the serving plate or in my case, on a cutting board. You will have veggies on the bottom of the pan, place these in the trash. They have done their work and are done.
You are left with most call the drippings. Mine are very lean. I used very little oil on the bird so the fat content is pretty low. If you used a ton of oil, skim off the fat. I like to put the pan right on the stovetop and make the gravy in the roasting pan. It's one less pan for my girls to clean up.Take 4 TB butter and 4 TB Wonder flour and mix it with a fork. Put directly into the pan and let it melt into the drippings over medium high heat.

Once the flour has melted, take the half container of Turkey Stock you have left from the turkey (remember we only used half) and pour it into the pan while whisking the whole time (or try to, I find I am busy tossing the rest of the meal on the buffet but it is pretty forgiving) Once it is thickened up to your liking, serve!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs